More on Grief

As I continue to walk though this experience of loss and change I am coming to know a new power that springs form this grief and bereavement. Although there are still many tears that break upon my heart in waves, I have seen the shore. There is a place ahead where love and loss dance together in a constant exchange of growth and sharing.

I am grateful for this experience and glad the universe chose me to learn this lesson. I know I will never know a moment without loving those who are gone and the whole in my soul is a place where my compassion can blossom.

This loss has shown me the reach of my own heart and the depth of my commitment to living fully. Now I know that the pain of loss is my own choice, a decision I made based on incomplete understanding of love and my desire to hold back the tide. I am blessed to know these feelings and am even glad of the pain that lets me release them back to the sea.

Now I must swim the last stretch to the shore and I see there are waves of pain awaiting. Let me remember that my soul has chosen this beach to land upon and the ocean is not to blame for my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment